Design and concept
From PhotoVoltaic Logger new generation
The whole system consists of 3 essential layers:
- External systems, which handles
- the data acquisition or
- the data analysis
- PVLng as core component
- A database for data storage (at the moment only MySQL via PHP Mysqli module)
In these scripts are simple to use functions defined, which pushes the data and handles errors.
The web frontend consists mainly of
- Channel administration
- Organization of channels in the channel hierarchy
- Charts module for simple visualizations.
The system is build (bottom-up) by
- Models handles a very special kind of data/sensor
- Channel types implements a set set of predefined sensor types, each based on a model
- Channels represent concrete sensors, each based on a channel type
- Channel groups handles special needs about grouping or calculation/transformation
The database have mainly 3 tables for channel organization, 2 tables for readings and some helper tables and views.
The general information and data flow is like this: