SMA Webbox example
From PhotoVoltaic Logger new generation
The SMA Webbox model handles JSON outputs from Webbox RPC requests.
It scans the data and search its direct child channels for matching "channel" definitions!
- a grouping channel for the Inverter of channel type SMA Inverter or
- complete channel hierarchy from predefined template SMA Inverter
- The serial number is used from external upload script to ask the SMA Webbox for the correct equipment.
- When the serial number changes after firmware updates, don't forget to update the serial number here!
Special use for this channel type is the factor channel attribute, named here as "Installed power". By default, the factor is only used for reading data.
But as you know, the SMA inverter is a not readable group. That is correct, but the attributes are always readable...
In this case, the factor must held the installed power in kilo watt peak on this inverter.
So it is for example possible to calculate the relative yield of the inverter (watt or watt hours per watt peak) by using proper channels and this factor. (This is done for example by the Twitter update script)
Insert the inverter into the channel tree
If you have more than 1 inverter, it could make sense for a better overview to group them, e.g. by building or location.
Define the inverter channels according to your inverter. (If you created from template, this is still done.)
- Use the exact channel name as your inverter delivers. This is needed to find the correct channel to store readings for!
- Here the factor is set to 1000 to get data out in watt hours, the data delivered from Webbox and stored into database are in kilo watt hours.
Insert all the channels as sub channels of the inverter in the channel tree.
Please note: Only sub channels on 1st level will be scanned to detect channels for data storage, not on deeper levels!
A special case here is the Performance Ratio.