From PhotoVoltaic Logger new generation
PVLng is a logging and data warehouse system for measuring data of sensors and photovoltaic plants.
The system acts basely as a data warehouse.
All data will be stored in an very simple and efficient internal structure (readings), optimized for data readout of any kind with a well defined interface.
This system addresses all the user interested in data analysis, which will have a deeper look into their logged data.
The system will accept data from any external sources and can deliver them for any purpose. A web frontend for graphing data is also integrated.
To use this system best, a deeper knowledge in server administration, shell scripting and probably PHP is recommended, but not required.
Depending of the installed base of our solar plant, the following components are still implemented:
- Inverter data (feed-in power, DC power voltage, Current etc.) from a SMA Webbox
- Irradiation and module temperature from a SMA Sensorbox
- Outside and inverter temperatures via USB (DS9490R) or serial (DS2480B) -> 1-Wire -> Temperature sensor
- Power consumption from electricity meters via S0 impulses or D0 interface based on IEC 62056-21
- Weather data from Wunderground
- Model for the PV-Log URL interface in JSON
- Script to push data to PVOutput
- Script to update a Twitter account
- [planned] Extractor witch creates Solar-Log compatible JS files, for example for Solar-Log homemade or SolarAnalyzer
To get a first impression, refer to the Quick start which will help you.